Santa Barbara bridal hair & makeup is so unique because we were appreciate the inner and natural beauty that surrounds us.
The fall wedding season has arrived, and its such a beautiful time of year for a wedding. I’m looking forward to working on some amazing Santa Barbara & Montecito weddings this season. Whether your wedding is around the corner, or you’re just beginning to plan, every bride can use a few tips here and there to make wedding planning a little easier.
Choosing the ‘Do!
“How do I choose my bridal hairstyle?”
This can be one of the most difficult questions a bride-to-be can ask, but deciding on your wedding style doesn’t have to be so stressful. With a few helpful hints, and a good hairstylist by your side, planning out your Bridal ‘Do can be a breeze…and enjoyable too!
Here’s a few tips I always recommend to my Bride-to-Be during our bridal consultation. For any questions, or to book your own bridal consultation contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805-455-7544.
1. Choose a hairstyle that is timeless. Ever take a look at your senior prom picture from 15 years ago? Yeah, the one with the crimped hair and glitter tattoos? Oh wait…thats me! Well, I’m sure yours isn’t any better! ;) Save the trends for Girls Night Out, and choose a style you can always look back on and smile. Less is more, but use your creativity!
2. Work with your hair texture, don’t fight it! Especially in Santa Barbara, where we love our beach weddings. The last thing a “curly girl” needs on her wedding day is a frizzy flat ironed ‘do. Stick to your natural texture, and your big day will be carefree!
3. Simple accessorizing can go a long way! Like I said, less is more, so you don’t want to over do it. This is wear your grandmother’s beautiful vintage brooch or something more organic like a couple of orchids can really make your look shine!
4. Compliment your bridal look. Bohemian-Chic? Tousled, soft waves, or maybe a long fish-tail braid. Classic Vintage? Try a modern side swept finger wave or a low set bun. Glam? Let’s bring out the hot-rollers for a Marilyn Monroe look, or something more sophisticated like a french twist with rhinestone accents. Endless possibilities. But remember, you want the dress to do all the talkin’!
4. Book a trial run with your hair/makeup artist. This step is crucial, and should be #1, but I decided to save the best for last :o) A trial run will give you and your stylist a clear picture of your bridal look so you both can enjoy recreating it for the big day. 805-455-7544